Why Old Hollywood Romance has had such an impact on my life.


Hi I’m Pauline, I’m 20 years old and from England (yeaie the rain! I’m not kidding I actually love the rain here). I know I’m about 40 years too young to be obsessed with a decade that’s old enough to be one of my grandparents, but I just can’t help falling in love with the glamour, the drama and the lifestyle of this era.

Don’t you just love how domineering and in control the men are? How immaculate and perfectly groomed they looked? How the men always knew what to say to a woman to make her fall in love with them? How the women were always styled perfectly from head to toe? Or simply don’t you just love a happy ending? It was these factors and watching Roman Holiday starring Old Hollywood Legends Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn which made me become excited about this era.

I think I was about 15 when this love affair began. I remember catching the movie on Film 4 on a Saturday Afternoon. I also remember how blown away I was by the scenes when Peck and Hepburn were travelling around Rome doing all the things Hepburn’s character had always wanted to do but she couldn’t because she was 1st in line to inherit the throne. It was during these moments when I realised what true love is about. It is about finding a person who allows you to become the person you were always afraid to become. Although, the movie ended in a sad way it was realistic and refreshing to see two different people from different worlds experience a romantic affair that most people never find and fools like me dream of finding. 

Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday (1953) 

Anyway I know I’m blabbering on a bit (I tend to easily lose focus), I think the point I’m trying to make is the movie got me hooked into this era because of what old Hollywood stands for: sophistication, elegance, and romance.


 Furthermore, by watching such movies I feel a bit more in control in my life because it reminds me that there is someone out there for someone and I have always loved the idea of knowing how something ends. So I guess I love how predictable the endings are and the characters. 
I hope you have enjoyed my blog so far feel free to post comments.
Love from your Old Hollywood Addict and Vintage Lover. XOX
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Daviz Gotardo | Daviz Gotardo
Copyright © 2011. More Culture - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Daviz Gotardo
Proudly powered by Blogger